4816 Hearthside Drive, Summerville, SC, 29485 3 Bed • 2 Bath • 1,355 sqft This Well-Kept & Charming 3BR/2.5BA Ranch is Located in Wescott Plantation of
Getting Ready To List
Getting Ready to List: A 10 Step Program!
Making the decision to list your home for sale is a big deal. There are many reasons a homeowner chooses to sell their home. It could be a relocation, financial considerations, downsizing or upsizing. Whatever the case, you are going to want to put your home in the best possible light. Here are my top 10 recommendations for getting ready to list, and sell your home!
1. De-clutter!! I can’t stress enough the importance of a clutter free home. Grab a contractor bag and go go go! Start from the moment you walk through the front door. The first impression is the most important!
An uncluttered, inviting entryway!
2. De-personalize! This may be difficult to do, but prospective buyers want to picture themselves living in your house, not all of your entire family members living in it with them! Take down that wedding portrait over the fireplace from 1986 and replace it with some tasteful artwork.
No family photos in this room!
3. Detail those closets! Let’s be honest. You just cleared all of the clutter and jambed it into your hallway closet. Unfortunately, prospective buyers will be looking in your closets and if they are loaded with stuff, this will be a turn off. It’s time to get down and dirty! Think lean and mean! But don’t throw away those old ice skates and unused golf clubs! Keep them for the garage sale. Turn your trash into cash!
4. Detail your Kitchen! It’s time to clean out the junk drawer, organize those pots and pans, and clean the crumbs out of the silverware drawer. Keep your counter tops clutter free!
No clutter here!
5. Detail your bathroom! Time for a clean shower curtain and go through that medicine cabinet. Grab the Tilex and get that grout sparkling! Clean before you list!
6. Buy a can of WD-40 and spray every squeaky hinge in the house. Check closet doors, bedroom doors, cabinets, etc. An unsqueaky house is a well maintained house!
7. How long has that light bulb been out above the hallway stairs??? Now would be a good time to change it!
8. The final step is to clean! clean! clean! Call a carpet cleaning company to steam and deodorize the rugs. Get out the Windex and clean each and every window!
9. How’s your curb appeal? Take an honest look at the outside of your home. Sweep up the porch, place some cheerfull potted plants by the front door. Neat and tidy is better than dirty and sloppy!
10. You are ready to list your home! But don’t forget to have a garage sale! By this point in the house detail, you are sure to have a lot of stuff you no longer need or want. Turn that trash into cash!
That’s it! If you would like some help implementing your 10 step program, give me a call! I would love to help you sell your home! Call me anytime at 631-525-6462. Good Luck!
Latest Blog Posts
2652 Martha Drive, North Charleston, SC, 29405 3 Beds • 2 Baths • 1,069 SqFtYour Search for a Low Maintenance Lakehouse Escape just an hour outside of the
1046 Island Court, Summerton, SC, 291484 Beds • 3 Baths • 1,400SqFt.$220,000Your Search for a Low Maintenance Lakehouse Escape just an hour
4761 Horse Drawn Way, Summerville, SC, 29485 3BR/2.5BA • 1,875 SqFt.$210,000Welcome Home to this Low Maintenance Move-In